Meet John M. Shugars, Esquire, Candidate for District Judge
John Shugars brings to the bench over 30 years of courtroom experience and more than 250 jury trials. He is thoroughly familiar with the rules of evidence and courtroom procedure having practiced as both a prosecutor and defense attorney before all the magisterial district judges in Cumberland, Dauphin as well as most MDJ’s in the Central Pennsylvania area. John realizes that most people do not wish to be in court, some are afraid, apprehensive and downright suspicious of the criminal justice system. John will ensure that the litigants, defendants, attorneys, witnesses and visitors to his courtroom are treated fairly, and with courtesy and respect and that his office staff will provide service promptly and efficiently.
- Resides in South Middleton Township; lifelong Harrisburg/Carlisle area resident.
- Most experienced candidate with the criminal and juvenile justice systems.
- Qualified to serve immediately as an attorney certified by our PA Supreme Court.
- Active in the community with numerous civic, charitable and fraternal organizations.
- Graduate of Shippensburg University and Whittier College School of Law.
On May 18th, 2021, Vote for
John Shugars for District Judge